Google Earth to ArcMap

Jump to solution
12-25-2020 11:36 AM
HarshUpadhyay
New Contributor III

Hello!

I have a shapefile of my area through which I visualize the land use in my area in Google Earth (see image). I intend to download that imagery and use it as a base layer to carry out further analysis in ArcMap. How can I save the Google Earth image so that it is clipped to the shapefile area and is already georeferenced. I see the coordinates of the position after importing the shapefile boundary to Google Earth. Now I just want to import it back to  ArcMap along with the Google Earth image. I hope  you understand what I am trying to say. If you do, please suggest a way. Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KristalWalsh
Occasional Contributor II
Hi, both ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap (with ArcGIS online credentials) will allow you to bring in imagery from many sources by changing basemaps. But I think this technical article might be helpful. https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000023334 Sorry for the delay in responding! Happy New Year! Kristal
Kristal Walsh, Florida Fish and Wildlife
Office of Conservation Planning

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AravindEM
New Contributor

hi,

i was installing arcmap and it is asking me the authorization code. Will u please help me with that

KristalWalsh
Occasional Contributor II
Hi, both ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap (with ArcGIS online credentials) will allow you to bring in imagery from many sources by changing basemaps. But I think this technical article might be helpful. https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000023334 Sorry for the delay in responding! Happy New Year! Kristal
Kristal Walsh, Florida Fish and Wildlife
Office of Conservation Planning
HarshUpadhyay
New Contributor III
Thank you so much for your reply. I was trying to avoid the clipping and
georeferencing method. This is certainly helpful. And a very happy new year
to you as well!

Regards,
Harsh Upadhyay
Research Scholar
Deptt. of Soil and Water Engineering
Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology