Select to view content in your preferred language

GlobalID inconsistent display

10-31-2019 09:28 AM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I am seeing that the Attribute Table and the Attributes pane show GlobalID differently. One is all upper case and one is lower.

I would call it a bug.

thanks

Tags (1)
26 Replies
MattStarryACE
New Contributor

Using Pro version 3.1.2. Published a service with existing relationship class to AGOL from Pro (3.1.2). Right-clicked on relationship in Attributes pane and selected "Add New To Relationship". It added a record to the related table but it is not recognized because the table is populated with GlobalID and related GUID field in ALL CAPS. Very frustrating that this does not work in "Pro".

Even inconsistent when viewing the table in 'Show Selected' vs 'Show All'.

Show AllShow AllShow SelectedShow Selected

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Bug is still in review.  If you have access to support you can add to it or escalate it.

DougBrowning_0-1692280551784.png

0 Kudos
bcdi
by
New Contributor II

Getting to the end of a very long analysis and this issue is jamming me up hard. For what it's worth, I'm using 3.2, windows 11 via parallels.

Edit: upper-ing (yep) the (correctly lower-ed) GlobalID in the raw file of the join table allowed for a successful join. Still unfun to have to navigate.

ClangDevGuy
New Contributor III

Just wanted to share more frustration with another issue that I found with this GlobalID inconsistency. It is even effecting the new Enterprise 11.2 Experience builder application where the internal esri team seems to be having similar issues themselves.

I'm basically using the "Data Actions" to query related records from a feature to a feature table. I have GlobalDs and GUIDs for the relationship and the internal built query for selecting sites now uses a "LOWER" in the where statement: 

Ex:
(((LOWER(SiteGUID) = '{f725dad7-5205-41d3-956c-1b1a45ff680f}'))) 

Result is 0 records now, because this was programmed for the "AGOL" globalIDs and not the "Arcgis Portal" globalIDs. 

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did some digging and it is now been moved to a bug  BUG-000146406.   So some progress at 4 years.  If anyone can escalate please do.  

https://support.esri.com/en-us/bug/inconsistent-letter-cases-for-the-global-id-values-betw-bug-00014... 

It is not just Pro of course though

BUG

Inconsistent letter cases for the Global ID values between ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Online products.

Last Published: February 18, 2022

ArcGIS Pro
Bug ID Number BUG-000146406
SubmittedJanuary 27, 2022
Last ModifiedJanuary 5, 2023
Applies toArcGIS Pro
Version found2.9.1
Operating SystemWindows OS
Operating System Version10.0 64 Bit
StatusIn Review 

Workaround

For relationship class operations, use a GUID field as the destination key.

Bug ID: BUG-000146406

Software:

• ArcGIS Pro
ahargreaves_FW
Regular Contributor

On it...this is unbelievable.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes I agree and it has been over 3 years too.  Shows a lack of communication between teams.  I talked to them in person about it a few times too.  no movement which is weird.

0 Kudos