General Table Display Options

07-27-2017 11:21 AM
deleted-user-pSEFA8qSxLCv
New Contributor III

Is there a Pro equivalent of Setting general table display options? Specifically interested in setting row heights or word wrapping of some sort when viewing attribute tables. Haven't found anything in the Help doc or on GeoNet

9 Replies
VincentLaunstorfer
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I am exactly looking for the same settings!

In addition, I am looking at how to perform a "Search and Replace" in a column. It is a simple right-click on the column name in ArcGIS Desktop, but I cannot find the equivalent in Pro...

Thanks

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Search and replace looks like it's in the "Product Plan" Add basic find functionality to ArcGIS Pro table view! and https://community.esri.com/thread/166541  contains some user-supplied tools that mimic the functionality.

0 Kudos
MatthewZauner
New Contributor

I am looking for this same functionality, I am needing to adjust the row height of my attribute table so I can more easily read what is inside.

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Matt, 

The Table View does offer the ability to zoom in.  You can adjust the zoom level using the controls at the bottom right of the view. This should help with readability.

Hope this help, 

Tom

VincentLaunstorfer
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks!

It does improve readability, for sure. On the other hand, it cannot allow to view cell content with multiple lines (which is not often the case I must admit).

0 Kudos
MatthewZauner
New Contributor

My issue with the readability of the data within the attribute table was due to a large text size, so the zoom function did not change my ability to read what was in the cells.  Due to the monitors I am using I had to set my DPI scaled text fairly high and this resulted in text that was too large to be able to read in the attribute table.  I was hoping I could expand the row height so the text would fit.  As a work around I adjusted my DPI scaling down by 5% and now I can read the text again.

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Vincent and Matt, 

Another way to read text is to hover the mouse over the table cell.  You should get a tool tip displaying the entire text.

Tom

0 Kudos
deleted-user-pSEFA8qSxLCv
New Contributor III

It's a workaround to live with, but it's not the ideal solution. Word wrap would be much more valuable so that we can see every record and for editing purposes.

0 Kudos
NathanShephard
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the discussion. We're not planning to allow different row heights per row in the table view - this complicates other parts of the table UX, like scrolling and display performance. However, as mentioned by Thomas Colson, we are intending to add Find, and Find-And-Replace, in a near-future release.

A few tips for editing large text fields (that you may already know) - the cell will auto-expand into a multi-line / word-wrapping overlay that shows a wider view of the text when you click into it. You can use Shift-Enter to add a new line (standard 'Enter' will apply the edit), and you can copy-paste in multi-line text from other apps.

We're also doing a full review of general usage (esp. cell editing) in the Pro 2.4 release, for things like tabbing between cells, problems with focus (too many clicks), etc.

Thanks, Nathan.

Esri Dev Team.