Freezes on project save ArcGIS Pro 2.7, anyone else?

01-28-2021 10:42 AM
MichaelBerzinis1
New Contributor III

I was surprised to not see any recent posts on this. 

While using Pro 2.7 I am having to kill the program in task mgr after it freezes on save.  This happens when using local data, and with data in Agol and is not correlated with any other action I know of. 

Pretty disruptive since it results in loosing all project work up to hitting save button.   

The program creates recovery project when it's been killed in task mgr, it rarely has the work saved in the recovery file.

May start by reinstalling.............

Tags (1)
8 Replies
MichaelBerzinis1
New Contributor III

So, a reinstall of 2.7 did not help with program freezes.  I rolled back to 2.6 and wow am I getting some strange behavior all over, errors opening layers, opening field view for tables, editing. 

MichaelBerzinis1_0-1611936060116.png

0 Kudos
MichaelBerzinis1
New Contributor III

and it gets better and better.  if their agol data issues, the status dashboard shows none............ 

it's fun talking to myself here!

MichaelBerzinis1_2-1611936256991.png

0 Kudos
MichaelBerzinis1
New Contributor III

converging on the Pro issues, it seems that hosted services on Services1.arcgis.com are having intermittent issue. this may explain some of the network issues.

0 Kudos
ScottRothberg__Ph_D_
New Contributor II

I have also noticed this issue as of 2.6/2.7. I went through the same process of uninstalling the program and reinstalling, and the problem continues.

Description:

In an active ArcGIS Pro Project File, I will click save, the save occurs, and then when I try to close the Project File, clicking the red X does nothing. Program remains open. Sometimes I can navigate to Project> Exit and that will execute a close, but not always.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

One thing that may help with the freeze on save (believe it or not) is to update your video card drives.  Do a search on your PC for Device Manager.  In Device Manager, go to Display Adapters and write down the make/model of your video card.  Then go directly to the manufacturers website and search/download/install the latest video card driver.  What is the result?

0 Kudos
ScottRothberg__Ph_D_
New Contributor II

I went through the following process prior to posting here: uninstalling the program and reinstalling, updating the GPU driver, adjusting Display/Rendering options, and even increased my system's pagefile.sys size. Regardless of these changes, I continue to notice issues.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Scott - might be worth a call to Esri Support Services to resolve.  Their information is as follows.

0 Kudos
HarrisonThomas
New Contributor

I've also been having this issue on ArcGIS Pro 2.8.0. Mainly with .aprx files have been opened on my network/ through work VPN.

0 Kudos