Select to view content in your preferred language

Filter based on relationship class?

Jump to solution
12-22-2017 08:03 AM
JasonCarter
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have a feature class of point data and a CSV file containing analytical chemistry results to each point (Groundwater Wells). Both are stored in an ArcGIS Pro file geodatabase. There are multiple results, on different dates, associated with the same well (point) in the CSV file. I have created a relationship class between the feature and the CSV file that links the results to the Well. 

My question is - how can I filter the feature class points based on the analytical results? I'd like to filter by values greater than or less than a result, and then only show points that meet the criteria.

Also, is it possible to do this in ArcGIS online without hosting as a feature service? 

Thank you.

22 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi David Treering ,

When you build an arcade expression for instance for a pop-up, you configure it for a layer (this you can address with "$layer"). To have access to the feature a user clicks on to show the pop-up you can use $feature. To have access to other layers you can use the FeatureSetBy* functions. To see an example of this usage, please read this blog post: https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-12773-using-featuresetby-functions-in-arcade-to-drill-down-to-ot... 

KennethBusby
Occasional Contributor

Sadly this is live data being collected through apps for animal control calls. I would love to see some sort of filter tool in WAB created to allow you use related features in a filter or query. it would mean one less attribute needed to be put in and duplicated. If they took and made the smart editor tools more robust and included everything you can do in attribute assistant in them and I could take the attribute from one related feature and put it in the other then it wouldn't require duplicating work by putting the same data in the same fields over multiple features. 

TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

hi @KennethBusby 

Sorry to resurrect this year and half old post. I was doing some research and ran into this. I was wondering how your use case is different from the original post?

In both case, it is all about filtering features using related records, right? Sorry it looks like I missed something very obvious.

Thanks

Tanu

0 Kudos