Feature to Raster

Jump to solution
06-04-2022 06:27 PM
RichardMorris
New Contributor III

Hi

I am trying to convert a feature layer to a raster. The feature layer contains 3 classes, but only 2 of the classes are converting across to the raster. Please see attached (one image showing the resulting purple raster, the other showing the feature class (AE4) that is not converting.

Any pointers much appreciated. This follows a previous issue with merging feature layers, that came up with layer I'm now trying to convert to a raster @DanPatterson 

Cheers, Richard  

0 Kudos
11 Replies
MorrisR2
New Contributor III

Hi Dan - sorry, I forget to try this option. 

In the attached is the result. While the Combine has completed OK, the resulting raster (ae124a_pol8) is not what I was expecting:

• only the ae4 raster is visible in the combined raster. This is possibly due to my lack of Symbology skills?
  • the attribute tables of the two combined rasters don't seem to have merged as expected. Previously LULC were listed as Values, now they are shown as Fields, and one of the classes (52) has dropped off.

Any further suggestions much appreciated.

Cheers

Richard 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How to change NoData cells to a value—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

raster calculator

syntax, means if the area surrounding the squiggles is nodata, assign the values from the other raster, else, use the orchards

Con(IsNull("orchards"), "other_raster", "orchards")

... sort of retired...