Select to view content in your preferred language

Extract by mask issue

Jump to solution
10-18-2023 01:05 AM
catcrawo
New Contributor II

I want to cut .tiff by .shp and chose to use extract by mask. However, the result contains several white stripes as shown in picture. The value in these area are "Nodata", but the original .tiff does have values in these area. I would like to ask how could I solve this problem. Thanks in advance.EBM problem.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

the shape file has issues then if it has those stripes, get the shapefile into edit mode and remove any spurious vertices that are in the interior

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Try converting the shapefile to a local file geodatabase featureclass.  Ensure that the coordinate system of the featureclass matches that of the raster.

Any difference when this is followed?

Alternately, convert the shapefile to a raster mask using the procedure outlined here

Solved: Extract by Mask Fail using Feature as Mask - Esri Community

... sort of retired...
catcrawo
New Contributor II

Thank you for your replay, butEBM further problem.png

When I converted .shp into .gdb and used Extract by Mask, the white stripes become even more.

When I only converted .shp into .tif without Extract by Mask, as shown in the picture, the .tif itself has included white stripes. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

the shape file has issues then if it has those stripes, get the shapefile into edit mode and remove any spurious vertices that are in the interior

... sort of retired...
catcrawo
New Contributor II

The shapefile does have issues. Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
catcrawo
New Contributor II

Excuse me, there is another question.

How could I remove those vertices after getting into the edit mode? I can't find the right tool.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Edit feature vertices—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Add or Delete vertices section

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos