Error Spacing for elements in Map Layout when upgrading ArcGIS Pro 3.0 to ArcGIS Pro 3.3.1

08-11-2024 08:41 PM
Labels (3)
Sothea_VOEUN
Occasional Contributor

Hi to all ArcGIS Pro Users,
Recently, I encountered some inconveniences when opening the ArcGIS Pro Project. Because I upgraded my ArcGIS Pro from the 3.0 version to the 3.3.1 version, the elements in the map layout (map legend, text, map title, etc.) were changed unmannerly. Please take a look at the issue below.
I was looking for any solutions to deal with this issue.
I look forward to getting ideas!
Thank you!

@JesseCloutier @AmirBar-Maor 
1122.jpg112233.jpg

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Hi @Sothea_VOEUN, I'm a Community Manager for the Esri Community platform specifically and am not equipped to answer your ArcGIS Pro question or I'd be happy to help. Will leave this for @AmirBar-Maor or others in the Community to assist with. All the best!

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
0 Kudos
Sothea_VOEUN
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for taking your time, @JesseCloutier
It seems like the ArcGIS Pro itself got some improvements when upgrading from the lower version to the most up-to-date version.

0 Kudos
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

There were some updates made in recent releases to how text is handled in ArcGIS Pro to better support text positioning and provide more correct experiences. In some cases this changed the spacing and positioning of text elements slightly. I think you may be experiencing that. You should be able to adjust the spacing between the lines of text to achieve the original look and feel. I'm so sorry for the trouble, while this overall is an improvement, there were some side effects. 

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
Sothea_VOEUN
Occasional Contributor

Do you mean that the most decent approach is to manually adjust that spacing?

AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, at this point the best approach is to manually adjust the spacing. 

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
Sothea_VOEUN
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your answer.

0 Kudos