Select to view content in your preferred language

Enable html as hyperlink

Jump to solution
02-14-2024 01:08 PM
Labels (1)
dsmith5009
New Contributor

Hello! I am very new to arcgis... using it as part of a project and we are trying to figure out how to enable htmls as hyperlinks embedded in the dbf tables of some shapefiles we are working with. Is there a setting that we need to toggle on to enable this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

This is supported in ArcGIS Pro - you can learn more about it here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

This is supported in ArcGIS Pro - you can learn more about it here.

0 Kudos
dsmith5009
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply, Robert.

Ive found the security settings and added html to the list of recognized files. It is still not allowing me to click on the link. Perhaps there is another step?

Screenshot 2024-02-14 172024.pngScreenshot 2024-02-14 172312.png

0 Kudos
dsmith5009
New Contributor

After reloading they layers, the link worked.  I needed to add the .html into the list of recognized file formats.

0 Kudos
BarryNorthey
Occasional Contributor III

There are several ways to deploy hyperlinks. I am guessing that you are looking for something like the examples below:

BarryNorthey_1-1707953316478.png

The top HTML string links to a web page. It does not turn blue in the table text field and can't be launched from the table as far as I can tell. A link does appear in the Pop-up when you click on the target feature.

The second link in blue can be launched from the table or Pop-up.

The third (HTML) link launches an e-mail session just for fun.

You would need separate text fields for each link if you had more than one.

0 Kudos
dsmith5009
New Contributor

Thanks Barry,

I was trying to use the link in the pop-up after clicking on a feature.  I had to go in and at .html to the list under the security section in the settings.  After unloading and reloading the features, it worked.  

0 Kudos