Drainage line processing with arcpy

Jump to solution
03-28-2021 11:58 PM
MohamadAchour
New Contributor III

hello,

I am trying to perform the function drainage line processing (ArcHydroTools) within PyCharm, but the script cannot create the feature.

But what I have remarked: When I need to use it in ArcMap, the project should be saved, and the feature is created as a layer in the geodatabase file.

Any idea how to fix this problem with Pycharm (python).

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MohamadAchour
New Contributor III

In fact, I just found the solution:

The “AppData\Local\Temp” was full, and we should clean it regularly. It seem that this function need to create some temporary data in the scratch file.

Thank you anyway for your reply.

View solution in original post

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

which is probably why they suggest creating the output in a new location... might be a common problem with hydro

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MohamadAchour
New Contributor III

Beside that, a have this error:

C:\Python27\ArcGIS10.8\python.exe "C:/Users/achour/Desktop/Automatisation/Pycharm script/Invarient/Invarient.py"
Available
Using threshold = 100 cells.
ERROR 000210: Cannot create output C:\Users\achour\AppData\Local\Temp\scratch\scratch.gdb\temptable
Failed to execute (TableSelect).

Cleaning up...

Process finished with exit code 0

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

000210: Cannot create output <value>.—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

From there

Confirm that the data is not locked by another user or application and that you have full rights to the workspace being used. Check to make sure that the path to the data is correct (check for typos in the folder path). Try creating the output in a new location.

Especially the last one. 

... sort of retired...
MohamadAchour
New Contributor III

In fact, I just found the solution:

The “AppData\Local\Temp” was full, and we should clean it regularly. It seem that this function need to create some temporary data in the scratch file.

Thank you anyway for your reply.

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

which is probably why they suggest creating the output in a new location... might be a common problem with hydro

... sort of retired...