Distorted hexagon patch shape in legends

10-06-2021 12:03 PM
JeremyDavies
New Contributor III

Hey all-- is there some setting I am missing in Pro legends that would make patch sizes match the chosen symbol in the TOC in terms of proportions? For example, if you choose a hexagon symbol for a feature in the TOC, the hexagon appears totally stretched in the legend. I can manually change the patch size for any given layer, but where you would think the width and height should be the same to make it square (like 12x12), you actually have to play with the numbers to get it to look even on all sides. The screen grab below illustrates what I am talking about, with patch sizing shown for each feature in the legend.

JeremyDavies_0-1633545954436.png

Thanks for any insights or tips!

2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen any setting for defining the default Layout Legend patch size, but it is a little curious that it's a different value from what users see while editing.

I would suggest submitting this as an Idea, to either change the default to match or let users define that sort of default value themselves.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
JenniferLink1
New Contributor III

Coincidentally, I had this exact same issue yesterday. I have not found a property yet to automatically retain the proportions. I had to change the patch width to modify the shape in the legend for each layer. 

0 Kudos