cursor stuck on rotate tool

Jump to solution
10-12-2020 04:24 PM
JeffKrueger
New Contributor

Hello. I've  had this same issue for a number of years.  I recently have switched to ArcGIS Pro from 10.3 and have still having a similar issue.

My cursor often becomes stuck on the pan (10.3) or the rotate (Pro) tool.  No matter what I try, I'm not able to use any other cursor functions.  Sometimes a full computer restart fixes this issue, but not always.  No key command or escape key command fixes this issue.

Any suggestion?  Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Jeff. 

See Stuck on pan tool 

and Sticky Cursor 

It looks like this is typically caused by antivirus software (mostly Webroot from the reports we've seen).  It boils down to having to check and adjust the antivirus settings to make sure that it isn't interfering with ArcGIS.

One user posted this:

Hopefully that helps.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Jeff. 

See Stuck on pan tool 

and Sticky Cursor 

It looks like this is typically caused by antivirus software (mostly Webroot from the reports we've seen).  It boils down to having to check and adjust the antivirus settings to make sure that it isn't interfering with ArcGIS.

One user posted this:

Hopefully that helps.

JeffKrueger
New Contributor

Yes! Shutting down WebLink while in ArcGIS Pro seems to have done the trick. Thank you.

EazyEC
by
New Contributor

That worked for me. Thanks.

0 Kudos
WilliamLampert
New Contributor

Exactly shutting down which feature? Our org uses Webroot Endpoint Protection (SecureAnywhere) - The Solution post mentions to disable the "Identity Protection" option, which we did and it seems to work. @JeffKrueger mentions something about disabling WebLink, which I dont see any feature/option for that. Do we just have to whitelist the ArcGIS path? @KoryKramer do you have a more specific resolution for what to change in Webroot?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

We don't make specific recommendations on how users should set antivirus exceptions, but you could look at https://support.esri.com/en/Technical-Article/000025378 

0 Kudos
WilliamLampert
New Contributor

I've added an exception for the entire c:\program files\ArcGIS (including subfolders) & c:\program files(x86)\ArcGIS (including subfolders) paths and it's still doing it. 

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Have you tried disabling your antivirus and testing?

0 Kudos
RobertBlackwell
New Contributor

Your not alone in this. I added an exception and it worked for a week or so but now has reverted back to being stuck in the rotate tool. 

0 Kudos
DaynaWill
New Contributor

Hey William try pressing C + V at the same time. That seemed to fix it for me.