Creating Reports in Pro

06-02-2017 01:10 PM
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

The Pro team is excited to begin work on Reports for a future release. We would love to get some input as to what our users' needs are in regards to functionality and appearance. If you frequently make reports and would like to send us a sanitized (no sensitive data) report, please email arajendran@esri.com.

I look forward to hearing from you all!

61 Replies
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the quick response, Andrew. It sounds like you may have found a bug in the software. Could you please contact support so we can look into it further?

- Alycia

0 Kudos
IsaiahAguilera
Occasional Contributor II

I can verify that I also have this issue. It seems to be just blank squares for me as well. 

AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Thanks, Isaiah. Please contact our technical support so they can look into the issue. Thanks!

0 Kudos
TravisSmith1
New Contributor III

Alycia Rajendran

Same issue. Blank squares..no photos. Yes attachments enabled and yes can see in the pop-up. I tried a hosted feature layer and from a local fgdb with the same result. Maybe it has something to do with also having other relationships?

0 Kudos
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Andrew MilanesMaggie CloosDavid AlfordIsaiah AguileraTravis Smith

Thank you all for your feedback. This will be fixed in Pro 2.6. In the future, the best way to communicate bugs with our team is through support.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

Hi.  I am working with the Report tools in ArcGIS Pro 2.5.  The data source is the attribute data from a Workforce assignments feature service.  I cannot figure out how to add a Pro map, the dispatcher web map or similar to the report showing the assignment locations for example.  This blog suggests that maps can be added to Pro reports (Print reports from ArcGIS Enterprise web apps).  What am I missing or doing wrong?  I have a small amount of experience with Crystal Reports and SSRS.  Many thanks.

0 Kudos
AnjaLarsen1
New Contributor

Hi, I am just looking in to getting started with reports in ArcGIS Pro and i find the current process clunky and slow, so glad to hear improvements are underway. The initial template design process is hard and I think might work better if you could design the first draft in Word or Excel somehow. It would be nice if there was some consistency between this tool and the report tool in Survey123 where the templates are utilizing data tags in Word documents. It would also be really good if Arcade expressions could be implemented for each of the sections e.g. for displaying numbers in reports in red/green when they are below/above a certain value for instance.  

Looking forward to seeing the improvements. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Anja!

The experience across the platform is inconsistent, that is something we are trying to resolve. We haven't had a lot of requests for Word document templates. If you would like, you could post the request on our Ideas site where it will be reviewed by our customer advocacy team. Alternatively, you can contact support and they will log an enhancement request for you.

Conditional formatting is in the near-term product plan (1-2 releases).

Thanks!

Alycia

0 Kudos
BranislavBlagojevic
Occasional Contributor II

Please implement full support for relationships in report! You have only partially done this (implemented only and only the relations between spatial feature(s) and table(s), but not vice versa)!!? Implement auto-grow/shrinking for field(s) once, add map(s) and simplify report design. Near term, near term...when will it be?!?

0 Kudos
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Branislav,

I know we aren't meeting your needs. I have already emailed you about this before the EAC closed, but to reiterate here:

The support bug I submitted for you for the standalone table bug (BUG-000132128) has been fixed in the 2.6.3 patch, which will be available soon.

The enhancement request that you can follow for grow/shrinking rows: ENH-000126018.

"Near-term" means in 1-2 releases, I'm sorry I can't give you more information right now.

Thanks,

Alycia

0 Kudos