Creating Reports in Pro

06-02-2017 01:10 PM
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

The Pro team is excited to begin work on Reports for a future release. We would love to get some input as to what our users' needs are in regards to functionality and appearance. If you frequently make reports and would like to send us a sanitized (no sensitive data) report, please email arajendran@esri.com.

I look forward to hearing from you all!

61 Replies
MichaelWallace3
New Contributor III

This is good news. I work for Freeport-McMoRan an Enterprise user of ESRI products. I would really like the Wizard for the reporting tool to have better default templates than ArcMap. It seemed like ArcMap forced me into making a table of the data instead of giving me the latitude to design my own format. I found out later that I could edit the XML but the intial interface was clunky.

I did like the Group By feature in ArcMap Report feature because it allowed me to order the report based on the priority of the data. At Freeport we are very interested in testing this feature and helping to develop it. I know of several GIS analysts that will want to upgrade or need a reporting solution.

Sincerely,

Michael Wallace

0 Kudos
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Michael!

Can I reach out to you via email? I would love to continue this conversation!

Thanks,

Alycia

0 Kudos
BranislavBlagojevic
Occasional Contributor II

It would be really great to allow users to create reports using "full" SQL queries, including related table data inside the file and enterprise geodatabase and with many more design options for reporting/templates than in an existing from ArcMap.

I'm also ready to help and test this, for me and my company (Nevsun), very important ArcGIS Pro capability. 

AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Hi! Please send me an email (address in the original post). I'd love to learn more about what your company needs from us!

- Alycia

0 Kudos
BranislavBlagojevic

Alycia,

My e-mail address: branislav@bem.co.rs <mailto:branislav@bem.co.rs>

Regards!

0 Kudos
PeterErbs-Maibing2
New Contributor II

It would be super cool to be able to add Geodatabase attachments like photos taken with collector app a part of a report. Do you have an idea when It might be possible?

Best regards

-Peter

BranislavBlagojevic

I agree Peter! It is really important for any Report type!

RichardRahe
New Contributor II

Glad to see movement on Pro with reporting.  The comments above reflect much of what I am hoping to see in the future.  I'm currently working with the collector application to gather information on our storm-water outfalls.  Along with some general observations being documented several pictures are being attached. Based on a review of Arc Map and Pro I will not be able to easily generate a report with the attached images included.  I think as many organizations move to use collector or survey123 as part of their work process being able to generate a report that allows for customization and inclusion of photographs would be very helpful.   

Thanks

KennethCompton
New Contributor II

Hey Alycia,

This will be such a great addition. I would say the biggest improvement you can have would be the design element. ArcMap Report Creation was a very difficult way to design reports. Obviously, the common standard is something like Microsoft Word. Since ArcPro has the same ribbon design perhaps you can have a similar Report Design option where it opens a blank word document and you can easily link to multiple geodatabases through a Pane.

I also agree with Richard Rahe (Above) about the attachments. Applying the attachments from a Survey123 project or Collector for ArcGIS project would be amazing. 

I look froward to this addition. I would love to be able to take a project from Feature Class Creation, to Collector, to Report. It would really complete the entire process.

Exciting News!!!

0 Kudos