Creating a new column in a Legend

Jump to solution
07-16-2021 11:50 AM
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

How do I create a new legend column in ArcGIS Pro? I tried looking it up here, Making legend items start in new column in ArcGIS Pro? - Geographic Information Systems Stack Exchan... but the solution doesn't appear for me. I've attached screenshots of what I see.

Thanks!

AlfredBaldenweck_0-1626461292663.png

AlfredBaldenweck_1-1626461363913.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

So there is an option to where you can manually add new columns, and then drag and drop each legend item into the desired column.

example for legend.JPG

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RPGIS
by

So there is an option to where you can manually add new columns, and then drag and drop each legend item into the desired column.

example for legend.JPG

jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

@RPGISyou beat me to the punch!

But just to add an extra detail, that New Column option will appear when your Fitting Strategy is set to Adjust Frame. But the manual columns mode is great for when you know just what you want.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
RPGIS
by

That I did. I forgot to mention the other option but you stated that already.

0 Kudos
ChrisLeach
New Contributor

Why can't I drag a legend item to a new column in Arcgis Pro 3.0.3? I'm in "Manual columns" Fitting Strategy and set the number of columns to 2, but I can't drag an item from Column 1 to Column 2.  

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by

Did you try selecting the legend item in contents pane and moving it to the desired column?

0 Kudos
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks!

0 Kudos