Creating a Network Dataset in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
08-21-2018 05:06 PM
BenjaminOrpilla
New Contributor II

Hi,

Is there a way I could create a network dataset from shapefile or features in ArcGIS Pro?

I do have the Network Analyst license but it seems the options that are on many examples in Arc Map are not showing in Pro.

Cheers,

Benjie

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The existing tools are here

An overview of the Analysis toolset—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Do you have a template dataset?

It wasn't available in pro 2.1, but I can't find any reference as to whether it is now.

But if you have arcmap, create the network there, then you can use it

View solution in original post

14 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The existing tools are here

An overview of the Analysis toolset—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Do you have a template dataset?

It wasn't available in pro 2.1, but I can't find any reference as to whether it is now.

But if you have arcmap, create the network there, then you can use it

BenjaminOrpilla
New Contributor II

Thanks Dan. Unfortunately I don't have ArcMap. I downloaded the tutorial to get an existing network dataset and create a template from it. Unfortunately, it seems that the schema will not fit the data that I currently have - the table structure is a bit complex for the route analysis I want to carry out.

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

You cannot yet create a new network dataset as of ArcGIS Pro 2.2.  We are working toward adding this capability, but it is not yet complete.  You still have to use ArcMap to create network datasets unless you're using the Create Network Dataset From Template geoprocessing tool.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Melinda... It might be useful to add it to the "not available list" they just mention 'server' under the network analyst and it doesn't even appear on the Pro roadmap

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there any estimate to when this capability is expected be available in Pro?

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sam.

This work is currently in our plan for ArcGIS Pro 2.4.  If we don’t hit any roadblocks (or polygon/line barriers that slow us down ) we should see it in the mid-year Pro release.  If it slips for any reason, it should make it into ArcGIS Pro 2.5 scheduled for the end of the year.

This note should be treated as an estimate, not a promise.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great to hear! Thanks Melinda. 

0 Kudos
PrestonSahabu
New Contributor

Hello Melinda, I did not see the ability to create a new network dataset in ArcGIS Pro 2.4.

Did I just miss it or has it been pushed back to 2.5? Also, will its API be available in arcpy when it is released?

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, we didn't make it for 2.4, but we are now aiming for 2.5.