Copy/paste features in ArcGIS Pro - how?

Jump to solution
04-20-2015 08:48 AM
SaraJK
by
Frequent Contributor

Trying to copy/paste selected features from one layer to another layer in ArcGIS Pro (file geodatabase). I have used Select by Attribute to grab the features of interest, click on Copy, then click Paste. It seems to be just making a copy of the whole layer. It did not copy the selected features and did not paste them into another layer. It seems there is supposed to be a "Paste special" option but that is not activated - only the regular paste. What am I missing? Thanks.

Tags (3)
36 Replies
JorgeMoreno
Emerging Contributor

This work perfect. I thought there was a Bug but 

There is no BUG.   In order to copy and paste feature after using the  “Select By Attribute”  or “Select By Location” is to make  the map view active after the selection  since  the map view  becomes inactive when the Geoprocessing Pane opens .  Then when the map view becomes active it lets you do the copy and paste. 

GIS-Chops
Occasional Contributor

I have published my follow up video that includes using field mapping and how to find it. Thanks to Jennifer Cadkin‌ for showing me that time saving trick.

YouTube 

SterlingLoetz
Regular Contributor

Is there a way to copy a feature, a polygon for example, and then paste it wherever I click on the map? I remember there is a similar tool in ArcMap.

This would really help when duplicating features. At this point it is really tedious to copy > paste special > paste > use the move tool to move the pasted polygon where I want it.

Thanks

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I believe feature templates would be appropriate for this.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/editing/introduction-to-feature-templates.htm

0 Kudos
KeithAddison1
Frequent Contributor

Anyone have any ideas on what to do when you manage to get to the paste special dialog menu but it only lets you paste it into the source layer, despite there being a bunch of other available layers of the same geometry type to paste into?  Currently I'm going back to try it in ArcMap.

0 Kudos
ChristopherLangdon
New Contributor

I'm having a similar problem, the 'Paste Special' dialog opens but there are no layers listed even though there are editable layers in the map...

0 Kudos
_Drew_
by
Emerging Contributor

I am having the same problem. If I figure it out I will report back. Thanks

0 Kudos