Change between stream and trace polygon tools keyboard shortcut

Jump to solution
10-12-2021 04:02 AM
Manu
by
Occasional Contributor

I need to change tools for polygon creation a lot and I have not yet found any way to do that efficiently. The most painful thing is changing between the stream and trace polygon tools since I have to click on the small drop-down menue and select the tool and if I click it too fast (which a always do), ArcGIS Pro won't change the tool and with the next click, it'll mess up everything.

Is there a way to have keyboard shortcuts in order to select those two tools, each with a different key?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@Manu 

I would suggest setting up custom accelerators for those construction tools. See: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/get-started/customize-the-ribbon.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_0B9AD340...

Accelerators usually need to be a combination of keys, for example, I'm using Alt+, and Alt+. in the screenshots below (Alt + comma and Alt + period). Streaming already has a built in keyboard shortcut and that's F8, but if you're switching between streaming and tracing a lot, it might make sense to make the accelerators close to each other on the keyboard.

Scott_Harris_2-1634046221377.png

-Scott

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@Manu 

I would suggest setting up custom accelerators for those construction tools. See: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/get-started/customize-the-ribbon.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_0B9AD340...

Accelerators usually need to be a combination of keys, for example, I'm using Alt+, and Alt+. in the screenshots below (Alt + comma and Alt + period). Streaming already has a built in keyboard shortcut and that's F8, but if you're switching between streaming and tracing a lot, it might make sense to make the accelerators close to each other on the keyboard.

Scott_Harris_2-1634046221377.png

-Scott

0 Kudos
Manu
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, this is what I was searching for