Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot enable Editor Tracking in Pro 3.0

Jump to solution
10-31-2023 08:05 AM
BrianBulla
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Not sure what is going.  I am following the instructions here (https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/3.0/help/editing/enable-or-disable-editor-tracking.htm#GUID-DDF021...) to setup Editor Tracking in a FGDB, but I do not have the "Editor Tracking" option even showing up in the Feature Class Properties window.

Is there a setting somewhere I am missing??  This is what I see.

BrianBulla_0-1698764707812.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

In the Feature Class properties, click on Manage and check.

Enable editor tracking (Screenshot inside for reference)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

In the Feature Class properties, click on Manage and check.

Enable editor tracking (Screenshot inside for reference)

BrianBulla
Honored Contributor

Hmmm....I wonder why the page I was looking at was different than the one you linked to??  Anyways, that works...thanks!!

I am trying to test something in editor tracking that don't seem to be correct.  If I update a field I can see the "last_edited_date" field update, but it doesn't update with the current date/time....instead it seems to be updating with the date/time that I started the edit session.

So if I start the edit session at say 11:00:00AM, and make the edit 5 minutes later, it still populates with 11:00:00AM.

Do you see this behaviour also??  Is this a known issue with Pro??  I don't remember editor tracking ever working this way with ArcMap.

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

The screenshot in the link you shared seems to be old.

I don't see this issue with time. Using ArcGIS Pro 3.1.3.

How times are recorded 

How times are recorded

When editor tracking is enabled, there are two options for how the date and time will be recorded: UTC or Database time.

• UTC (coordinated universal time) is the default and recommended setting. UTC is required for datasets registered as branch versioned or for any data that will be shared through services with editor tracking enabled. As a best practice, use UTC when your workflow involves data distributed across time zones.
  • Database time is based on the local time zone in which your database resides and should only be used when your data is confined to the same time zone.

0 Kudos