Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot access attachment tab for tables in feature service using ArcGIS Pro 2.1.2

04-27-2018 10:42 AM
MollyMoore
Frequent Contributor

I have a feature service that includes several related tables that have attachments enabled. When I edit these tables in ArcMap, I can access the attachments manager and add, remove, or edit attachments. However, when attempt to add or view attachments in ArcGIS Pro 2.1.2, I am not given the option to open the attachment manager when viewing records in the Attributes pane.

7 Replies
MichaelTownshend
Occasional Contributor

I am running into this now with version 2.2.4.  Did you ever find a solution?

GIS_MJ
by
Occasional Contributor

I can see my attachments, but I can't remove them. During an edit session I get the error "Edit Operation failed: The object cannot be edited using the current edit session mode". Did either of you figure out what was going wrong?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

GIS_MJ - there is a Remove Attachments geoprocessing tool to remove attachments from a feature class or table if that's the goal. You can read about that tool here.  If the goal is remove individual attachment records, then open the Input_Dataset_ATTACH table, select those records and delete them.  Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
GIS_MJ
by
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Robert. Yes that actually helps a lot. I ended up removing single attachments in the Attachment Manager in ArcMap, but its good to know that in PRO it actually has to be done in the table instead. 

0 Kudos
BrittanyBurson
Frequent Contributor

Experiencing this with ArcPro 2.8.3... trying to remove attachments from an Enterprise Portal 10.8.1 hosted feature service. Remove Attachments tool is overkill for deleting a single attachment... just thought I'd add here that it still seems to be happening.

BrittanyBurson_0-1643827351475.png

I deleted via Portal item page:

BrittanyBurson_1-1643828001870.png

0 Kudos
RaelynCaldwell1
New Contributor

Hey all, I'm having the same problem as @BrittanyBurson. I've tried deleting from the Attributes pane in Pro as well as from the Portal item page, to no avail.

Any updates on this issue?

Thanks,

Raelyn

BrittanyBurson
Frequent Contributor

Hi @RaelynCaldwell1 unfortunately I have no update and did not open an official ticket with Esri. Doing a quick search I also unfortunately don't see it listed as a bug fix in the 2.9 release notes. Sorry to not be of much help.