Select to view content in your preferred language

Can you edit Esri Streetmap Premium street features using the custom roads option?

10-02-2019 08:41 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am a GIS consultant at a turnpike and may have a scenario where a road alignment was made but the streetmap premium dataset does not reflect this yet. Therefore, I would like to be able to edit or override the existing streetmap to reflect the most current alignment. Can this type of edit/override scenario be accomplished in Streetmap Premium for Custom Roads?

2 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

I do not believe that you can edit the features directly within Street Map Premium, but you can load your custom roads in that dataset and use them in place of the "default" roads in the network dataset; https://downloads.esri.com/streetmappremium/StreetMap_Premium_Custom_Roads_ArcGIS_Pro24.pdf 

Here is the doc on using ArcMap with SMP Custom Roads; 2019 system requirements—StreetMap Premium for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise 

--- George T.
BarbaraSieg
Esri Contributor

From the SMP PDF "ArcGIS® StreetMap™ Premium Custom Roads—ArcGIS Pro 2.4" (and 2.5):

"For each consecutive release of the StreetMap Premium Custom Roads product, you should always maintain your data within one of the three feature classes: Custom_Streets, Custom_Streets_Override and Custom_Turns. Editing of Routing_Streets or other feature classes and tables associated with the StreetMap Premium Custom Roads network dataset is against the terms and use of the product license."

Your changes should be confined to the custom elements.

0 Kudos