Can't Edit Attribute Rule

Jump to solution
05-01-2020 07:24 AM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

ArcGIS Pro; File Geodatabase

I've added several attribute rules to a point feature class, and fat fingered the field name for one of the rules. (See screen cap below).  I need to change the Field value to the correct field name, but everything is grayed out and I can't.

Can you edit an attribute rule once it is in place or do I need to delete it and re-enter it?

edited to add:  Just took a look at Alter Attribute Rule—Data Management toolbox | Documentation  but there is no parameter for field name...

Chris Fox

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Joe,

Some of the properties are read-only. As you have surmised, those that are grayed out fall into that category. The full list of editable properties for reference (no doubt matches what you are seeing):

Attribute Rules view—Geodatabases | Documentation 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Joe,

Some of the properties are read-only. As you have surmised, those that are grayed out fall into that category. The full list of editable properties for reference (no doubt matches what you are seeing):

Attribute Rules view—Geodatabases | Documentation 

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Okay. Thanks-  I guess the first rule of Attribute Rules is No Fat Fingers Allowed.    

That should just about do it....
MatthewBrown8
Esri Contributor

Hi JoeBorgione,

I encountered similar issues when developing attribute rules for our enterprise geodatabase. However in my instance, widespread changes to the naming convention of the attribute rules were required.

To reduce the level of work involved with deleting and re-creating each attribute rule individually, I exported the rules to a CSV file Export Attribute Rules (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation This provided an opportunity to edit the rules within Excel before importing the rules back into the Geodatabase Import Attribute Rules (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

This approach may not be effective for managing small adjustments, but in my case it proved very effective for large scale alterations.

Regards,

Matthew
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've attempted to delete an attribute rule by both hitting the delete key and using the Delete Rule button in ArcGIS Pro 3.1.0. The box next to the rule turns red but when I hit the x to close the window I receive an error. Any idea why this is happening? I hit discard, close the window and when I open the attribute rule pane again the rule is still there. 

SHartholt_0-1681912842551.png

0 Kudos
gargarcia
New Contributor III

Did you resolve this? I am having the same issue.

0 Kudos