Select to view content in your preferred language

Can I select Point features that are only connected to 3+ Lines?

Jump to solution
02-07-2024 03:44 PM
DaniellaRose
New Contributor

Hi team, 

Is there a way i can do a select by location thing where I can only select the point features that have 3 or more line features connected to it??

TIA

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GTueller
Occasional Contributor

Hi Daniella,

I would do a spatial join of the points to the lines, which will give you a field called "Join_Count" that will tell you how many lines the point intersects with. Then you can just do a regular selection based on that attribute.

GTueller_0-1707350574087.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
GTueller
Occasional Contributor

Hi Daniella,

I would do a spatial join of the points to the lines, which will give you a field called "Join_Count" that will tell you how many lines the point intersects with. Then you can just do a regular selection based on that attribute.

GTueller_0-1707350574087.png

MErikReedAugusta
Frequent Contributor

A quick clarification or two for both @GTueller and @DaniellaRose, because I can't remember and don't have a chance to test right this second:

1. Is the intent to find points that intersect with at least 3 line endpoints, or 3 lines anywhere along their length?
  2. Spatial Join: Intersect will return the latter.  Would any of the Match Options in Spatial Join return the former?  Possibly "Boundary Touches"?
0 Kudos