[bug] Batch feature class to feature class

03-02-2020 03:38 PM
TaylorCarnell1
New Contributor III

When running feature class to feature class as a batch tool in ArcGIS Pro and providing multiple input classes or layers, the field mapping shows incorrect schema. Running the tool also produces outputs with incorrect schema.

Can someone please confirm if they can reproduce this or if it is just me.

Thanks   

14 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

modelbuilder and feature service bug

BUG-000124621: In ArcGIS Pro, using Feature Class To Feature Class .. 

nothing specific to your situation I think

TaylorCarnell1
New Contributor III

Thanks Dan, looks to be the same bug, but it appears to apply to layers from independent feature services or even local GDBs as well. Good to know it has been noted, but disconcerting that it was reported August last year.

EvanOlivier
New Contributor III

I am seeing the same behavior with the Batch FC to FC tool on local file Geodatabase layers. 

Really a bummer, totally makes this tool useless. Why would anyone use a batch FC to FC tool that destroys the schema of every table except the first in your list of input layers? Crazy stuff. Any movement on your side toward a work around Taylor? I've built an iterative feature class version of this but it takes forever and runs through all layers in a dataset instead of just the selected layers from the user.

I am in model builder trying to fix this but the Field Map parameter is just impossible to get rid of.

@DanPatterson_Retired any updates on this? What is the product plan for it?

Thanks,

Evan

TaylorCarnell1
New Contributor III

No, iterating FCs in model builder is the only alternative approach I've had as well. You should be able to use the wildcard feature to limit classes it operates on, but yes it will check all candidates in a workspace. 
If you're having problems with the field map, I recommend connecting an example class to the FC to FC tool in MB, setting your field map to your liking, the n connecting the iterator back to the tool. It will maintain the field map and apply it to the inputs from each iteration.

JoyDRoberts
New Contributor III

Link leads to a page with a 404 page not found error. Would love to see the current bug status. Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
EvanOlivier
New Contributor III

I can confirm the same behavior with the Batch FC to FC tool on local file Geodatabase layers in Pro 2.5.2.

MavTucker
New Contributor II

I can confirm this is still happening on local files in Pro 2.7.0

TaylorCarnell1
New Contributor III

Same problem in 2.8
Came across this thread looking to see if the bug had reported, only to discover it was me 😀

Sabina
by
New Contributor II

Same problem in 2.8.0 on  enterprise Geodatabase