Select to view content in your preferred language

Attribute table and technique to quickly show a specific field

09-05-2024 02:38 AM
gpgisandsky
Regular Contributor

Hi,

My table contains more than 100 fields. I know that I can show/hide/order fields.

Is there a way, in the attribute table, to directly navigate to a specific field? For example, if I press "C", the table would scroll horizontally to the first field where the field name starts with "C." (this does not happen).

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Eugene_Adkins
Frequent Contributor

You may be aware of this but here's a reference to the keyboard shortcuts for the attribute table: Keyboard shortcuts for working with tables—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

If you use the "data design/fields" option from your table of contents you can automatically alphabetically order the fields in your data by left clicking the field name field (or alias field) to sort the data in ascending or descending order.

If there are a few fields you use more often you could use the "freeze" option for individual columns. Once you close the aprx the field(s) will unfreeze automatically.

These suggestions may not be the best for your situation but they're the best I know of off-hand.

gpgisandsky
Regular Contributor

Hi Eugene, thank you, but I’m looking for something faster. Even if I order the fields with 100+ and use the tab key, it’s still very stressful...

0 Kudos