ArcPro 2.6 Export PDF issue

07-29-2020 10:32 AM
MichelleWilliams1
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I downloaded 2.6 because I heard a BUG I facing is fixed. But when I export a PDF, they won't open.

Do you have any ideas?

Troubleshooting:

• I exported a PDF with and without georeferenced data
  • I exported a jpg without any problems.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
BitSaginaw
New Contributor

I encountered this error today as well. A little background, I had no issues exporting a smaller layout or 50+ map series in the traditional "Share Layout" matter. 

I am now trying to export Poster Size maps (roughly 3x4 feet), and was given the same error as OP. I realized the layout files were for the newest version of ArcPro, which I do not have. I noticed this because I created my out Layout file for Landscape size Poster maps and did not have an issue.

However, once I created my own Layout File for the Landscape Poster Maps, I had the same issue. This is to say that the error did not appear to lie with my use of an older version of ArcPro.

When using the Share to PDF option, I am now downloading the file to my local drive rather than my remote work desktop. Using the "Tile oversized" option allows for the entirety of these maps to be exported. The process for each map is lengthy, but is a viable workaround for the options proposed above. 

I hope this helps! 

0 Kudos
danashney
New Contributor III

Looks like more export (pdf, jpeg, png, others?) issues at 2.7. I've had multiple users (myself included) verify that the export, although "successful", drops elements of the layout. The resulting file opens in a viewer but layout elements (boxes that frame the legend, title, overall framing) are missing.

0 Kudos
LeviCecil

Yes, the PDF export issues have gotten worse at 2.7. They were supposed to be addressed at this release. I can output a JPEG just fine, but the PDF drops graphics and replaces them with a lowercase b. And the PDF export options are still screwed up. Can this be addressed soon? 

0 Kudos
danashney
New Contributor III

FYI - received this from ESRI 1/22/2021. No ETA on fix but at least we know that they know. One key takeaway from the suggested workarounds - export to PDF (and other types) work in arcpy, so one solution is to script your export as its only currently broken when you go through UI.

"I’m sorry you are having trouble exporting your layouts. Esri is aware of an issue with exporting lines on a layout in ArcGIS Pro 2.7. This is a top priority issue being actively investigated, and a fix should be available in an upcoming service pack release. You can track the bug here: https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEzNjM2NA==. This related GeoNet thread has some workarounds people have used to export their layouts while awaiting a fix: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/exported-map-missing-lines-version-pro-v2-7/td-p/....

If you think you have a different bug, I encourage you to reach out to our Support Service Analysts. They have the tools and training to diagnose your issue and either provide an immediate fix or send the issue to the development team as a bug. You can reach our Support Services department at 1-888-377-4575, Monday–Friday, 5:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. PST, or http://support.esri.com/contact-tech-support."

0 Kudos
LeviCecil

They just released a patch yesterday and these issues weren't addressed. I can't export PDFs with graphics, or export multiple pdfs with page numbers as filenames. 

0 Kudos