ArcGIS Pro won't open after installing on Parallels Desktop 18 on Mac

09-05-2022 09:46 AM
YingtongZhong21
New Contributor II

Hi Guys, 

I just installed parallels 18 with windows 11 on my Mac Air M1 (2020) 8GB 512GB. I allocated 4 CPUs and 4g RAM to VM. And I downloaded ArcGIS pro and installed on windows. I tried installing the software on Mac document file, on local disk(C:) and reinstallation, and rebooting, but the ArcGIS pro just would not open. There is no task on task manager when I click the ArcGIS pro icon after installation. I also downloaded the arm64 6.0.8 runtime windows desktop. I don't know what is the issue. Can someone help?

Thanks!

24 Replies
YingtongZhong21
New Contributor II

Allocating all 8GB ram to VM is not feasible for Mac Air M1 (2020) 8GB 512GB. And the minimum ram for running Arcgis pro 3.0 is 8GB ram, so ArcGIS could not open because the ram could not meet the minimum requirement.

0 Kudos
HMImranKays
New Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.9 was running great in my parallel (17). My hardware config is Mac M1 with 8GB ram. It was great. I tried to update to ArcGIS 3.0, now boom. It is not running.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

As you know, you can run ArcGIS Pro on a Mac via Boot Camp and in a virtual environment (Parallels).  System requirements are here but it sounds like a call to Tech Support is best to resolve this question.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone reported these issues to Tech Support?  Not seeing any issues reported on the public facing bug/issues list.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
AliRuiz
New Contributor

I had the same issue, I fixed it by installing the .NET runtime 6.0  x64, you can download it here:

https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download

ChrisBenedict2
New Contributor

Silly question do you install within parallels in macOS?

0 Kudos
DaveH
by
New Contributor

Yes, that's what worked for me.

0 Kudos
ConstantineStefanou
New Contributor

Yeehawww! Thank you. This worked. Install inside windows parallel.

Running Windows Parallel 18 with Arcgis pro 3.0 on M1 max macbook pro

0 Kudos
BryanLockwald
New Contributor

Excellent! Thank you for sharing.  Got ArcGIS Pro up and running my MBP with parallels.  Whew, you are a life saver.

0 Kudos
NoviPujianto
New Contributor

Hi! I have the same issue and I've tried installing .NET Runtime 6.0.15 (the latest version) x64 on armWindows. It still doesn't work. Which version did you install exactly? thanks a lot!

0 Kudos