ArcGIS Pro won't open after installing on Parallels Desktop 18 on Mac

09-05-2022 09:46 AM
YingtongZhong21
New Contributor II

Hi Guys, 

I just installed parallels 18 with windows 11 on my Mac Air M1 (2020) 8GB 512GB. I allocated 4 CPUs and 4g RAM to VM. And I downloaded ArcGIS pro and installed on windows. I tried installing the software on Mac document file, on local disk(C:) and reinstallation, and rebooting, but the ArcGIS pro just would not open. There is no task on task manager when I click the ArcGIS pro icon after installation. I also downloaded the arm64 6.0.8 runtime windows desktop. I don't know what is the issue. Can someone help?

Thanks!

24 Replies
YingtongZhong21
New Contributor II

I downloaded ArcgIS pro 3.0 for reference.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Does anything standout here?

Run ArcGIS Pro on a Mac—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
ConstantineStefanou
New Contributor

I have the same issue. 
Esri support recommended installing an older version of parallels, 
However, legacy downloads for Parallels stops at v15 (can't find 16 or 17), and 15 does not work on the latest mac OS (monterey).

So in order to try an older version of parallels, one would also have to downgrade their mac OS to big sur. this may work for you on your 2020 device, but big sur does not work on macbook pro M1/M2 2021 and newer.

a knotted mess.

Any one know where to get Parallels 17?

0 Kudos
SimonWeiss
New Contributor

I have the same problem. Is there any news if the problem gets fixed soon?

0 Kudos
LZHoboken
New Contributor

I have the same problem. Any updates? Thank you.

0 Kudos
ChrisBenedict2
New Contributor

I just installed parallels today just to run ArcGIS Pro. It just won't launch. I tried everything referenced in the below link, no luck. How can this be?

0 Kudos
EnhoLin
New Contributor

I have the same problem. Any news?

0 Kudos
ChrisBenedict2
New Contributor

I was able to find the parallels 17 direct download link: https://download.parallels.com/desktop/v17/17.1.4-51567/ParallelsDesktop-17.1.4-51567.dmg.

I tried it and Arc will still not launch. Can someone confirm this for me? Completely possible I did something wrong.

0 Kudos
ConstantineStefanou
New Contributor

I tried that too, and still unable to run arcgis pro.
I've moved to QGIS. 

0 Kudos