ArcGIS Pro v 3.1.2 Locks Up when selecting Color Properties

08-02-2023 10:03 AM
JeanneTarrants
New Contributor

I'm creating a Map in ArcGIS Pro v 3.1.2 keeps locking up when I select Color Properties.  In my example, I want to adjust the transparency for the background color of a legend. I can change the color to any of the ArcGIS Colors and I can use the eyedropper tool, but when I select Color Properties to adjust colors or transparency, my map/layout freezes.  If I hit ESC, it unfreezes but I still can't adjust the transparency.  I also attempted to change the transparency of a feature symbol and had the same issue. I checked for updates but found none. 

2 Replies
AngelaSchirck
Occasional Contributor III

I am using 3.1.2 and have had no issues opening the color properties.  So it must be something Local to your machine.  I would try saving the project and reopening it, or rebooting your computer.

0 Kudos
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello  @JeanneTarrants , when you select Color Properties, the Color Editor form appears, and at this point the rest of ArcGIS Pro does indeed appear to be "frozen". You can clear this form by pressing ESC (or OK, Cancel on the form itself). So it sounds like all this is happening for you, it's just that you can't see the form.

It could be hidden behind something, or right at the edge of the screen, or on a second screen etc. Try setting your PC's Screen Resolution to the minimum, then the maximum, to see if the Color Editor form does then appear for you.

ChrisUnderwood_0-1691051224250.png