Select to view content in your preferred language

Enable Geodatabase Tool with ArcGIS Pro 3.1 Advance license

Jump to solution
08-02-2023 06:49 PM
Labels (1)
DeepikaJain01
New Contributor III

Dear Community

I have ArcGIS Pro 3.1 advanced license, however, I am not able to run "Enable Geodatabase tool" on my Postgres db as it requires authorization file from ArcGIS Server. I do not have ArcGIS Server at the moment. Won's ArcGIS Pro advanced license be enough for it?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @DeepikaJain01 , the Authorization File you need is indeed commonly from ArcGIS Server, but it does not have to be. If you have an ArcGIS Server Authorization Number, but no Authorization File, you can create your own.

You can use C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ArcGIS\bin > softwareauthorization.exe (for ArcMAP) or C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin > SoftwareAuthorizationPro.exe (for Pro) with an ArcGIS Server ECP Authorization Number to generate your own Keycodes Authorization File. You can find your ECP Authorization Number in My Esri > My Organizations > Licensing > View Authorizations > ArcGIS GIS Server.

Run the SoftwareAuthorization tool, select ArcGIS Server, and enter your Authorization Number. The Keycodes file will be created in C:\Program Files\ESRI\License10.8\sysgen (or similar depending on your version). This is then the Authorization File that you should point the Enable Enterprise Geodatabase tool to.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If it is this tool, then the requirements are listed in the help topic

Enable Enterprise Geodatabase (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
sjones_esriau
Esri Contributor

You will need at least an ArcGIS Server Basic license to create or enable an enterprise geodatabase. This is the 'authorization file' referred to in the tool.

0 Kudos
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @DeepikaJain01 , the Authorization File you need is indeed commonly from ArcGIS Server, but it does not have to be. If you have an ArcGIS Server Authorization Number, but no Authorization File, you can create your own.

You can use C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ArcGIS\bin > softwareauthorization.exe (for ArcMAP) or C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin > SoftwareAuthorizationPro.exe (for Pro) with an ArcGIS Server ECP Authorization Number to generate your own Keycodes Authorization File. You can find your ECP Authorization Number in My Esri > My Organizations > Licensing > View Authorizations > ArcGIS GIS Server.

Run the SoftwareAuthorization tool, select ArcGIS Server, and enter your Authorization Number. The Keycodes file will be created in C:\Program Files\ESRI\License10.8\sysgen (or similar depending on your version). This is then the Authorization File that you should point the Enable Enterprise Geodatabase tool to.