Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to delete features with Delete Features or Delete Rows tools

07-31-2023 02:49 PM
Labels (3)
swhitcombMCC
New Contributor III

I have a hosted feature layer created from a CSV, and I want to use ModelBuilder to delete the contents and replace them with new data from an updated CSV on a schedule. I have tried to delete the features using both the Delete Features and Delete Rows tools in Pro. Both tools say they completed successfully, but when I look at the attribute table for the layer, it still has all the original features.

The odd thing is that none of the points show up on the map in Pro. I can right click on a feature and zoom to its location, but the points are not visible. When I pull up the map on AGOL, the attribute table for the layer is still full and the points show up just fine as if nothing has been deleted.

Any guesses as to why I can't delete these features?

3 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

@swhitcombMCC ,

What version of Pro are you running?  Maybe try the Truncate Table tool instead.

0 Kudos
swhitcombMCC
New Contributor III

I'm running 3.1.2. I tried the Truncate Table tool, and I got the following error:

ERROR 001260: Operation not supported on table L0Arboretum_Map_Data_Survey123

Now what do I do?

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I may be misunderstanding your workflow.  Are you trying to truncate/delete rows from the CSV?  Instead of doing this, I would recommend creating a ModelBuilder that performs the following:

• Truncates the feature service
  • Converts the local CSV to points using XY Table to Point
  • Append the feature class to the feature service
0 Kudos