ArcGIS Pro Project will not open, gets stuck

07-20-2021 06:33 AM
KamillePreto
Occasional Contributor II

I'm hoping that someone can help me because this issue pops up for me at least once a year.

Sometimes (at random), I will go and open up my Project and it will not open up all the way. The mouse pointer will just keep spinning and spinning. The map or layout that was previously open will be visible, but since the mouse is spinning, I cannot do anything or click anything. And the top toolbar will be greyed out as if it's not completely opened yet.

I save a Project per year, so the maps I've made throughout 2021 are in my current project and I cannot access them. I contacted ESRI support last year for the same issue with no solution found. All they suggested was to create a new project, which is a huge hassle because of everything I lose in the project. To me, this issue shouldn't be happening at all, and there needs to be a reason and a solution.

I found the following conversation and tried the solution marked with no success:

ESRI Community

I'm crossing my fingers so hard that someone can help me.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KamillePreto

*Making a test copy of the .aprx to try and open did not work either

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Could it be that the data source connections have changed, or you have lost those connections somehow?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
KamillePreto

Hi Joe,

No the data sources have remained the same. And it doesn't seem like anything has been disconnected.

0 Kudos