ArcGIS Pro equivalent of QGIS Value Tool?

Jump to solution
06-14-2021 09:29 AM
ZacharyUhlmann1
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying  to find a toggle over a pixel or click on a pixel tool that will display the value.  Preferable the toggle version as with QGIS Value Tool (Plugin I believe).  ArcGIS must have something like this right? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you have a raster in your map, simply clicking on it should give you a popup with the value(s) at the clicked pixel.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

8 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you have a raster in your map, simply clicking on it should give you a popup with the value(s) at the clicked pixel.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
ZacharyUhlmann1

That rings a bell now.  Be nice if there were something like QGIS Value Tool where as the mouse moves, the value is displayed.  Dang.  Thanks @jcarlson 

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can enable Map Tips for the Raster layer (Layer Properties > Display).

JayantaPoddar_0-1623695984224.png

JayantaPoddar_1-1623696037018.png

*Sorry. The mouse cursor isn't visible while taking a print-screen.😅

Think Location
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

If you have the rasters published as an Image service this can be done also. Take a look at this doc: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/imagery/image-information-pane.htm

--- George T.
0 Kudos
ZacharyUhlmann1

Not published data - just a static ArcPro map. Thanks though @George_Thompson !

0 Kudos
SarahHartholt

Pixel inspector might do the trick! I know it's available in desktop doesn't look like it's in Pro

Using the Pixel Inspector—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

0 Kudos
ZacharyUhlmann1

That's a great tool @SarahHartholt  !  Not seeing it on a quick mxd I pulled up, but I'll hunt it down one day.  Yeah, I'm looking specifically for Pro in this instance...

0 Kudos
SarahHartholt

I don't think it's readily available on any of the toolbars so you need to click customize then toolbars scroll to the bottom and click customize... find the pixel inspector and drag it onto an existing toolbar 

SarahHartholt_0-1623756949406.png

apparently there is a similar tool for Pro that you can download from GitHub 

arcgis-pro-sdk-community-samples/Raster/RasterInspector at master · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk-community-sa...

0 Kudos