ArcGIS Pro cursor coordinates

Jump to solution
06-26-2019 12:59 AM
EveliinaToivola
New Contributor II

Hi, this might be very simple problem, but still I need help! 

Problem is with these 'cursor coordinates' in map view. Is shows WGS 1984 Web Mercator coordinates (i think). 

I have tried to change coordinate system in 'Map Properties' and 'ArcGIS Pro Options' but still it won't changes these values! And layers I use are ETRS 1989 GK22FIN or EUREF FIN TM35FIN. 

I use version 2.3.3.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

sounds like you need to set the coordinate system of the map display to the projected coordinate system you want.  It looks like it is set to a geographic coordinate system (GCS WGS84 perhaps).  Then set the map units to meters

Map units, location units, and display units—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

sounds like you need to set the coordinate system of the map display to the projected coordinate system you want.  It looks like it is set to a geographic coordinate system (GCS WGS84 perhaps).  Then set the map units to meters

Map units, location units, and display units—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
EveliinaToivola
New Contributor II

Thanks Dan! I needed to change map units to meters in map display. Now it works!

IsaacDelgado
New Contributor II

Hi! Did you really find the way to fix that issue? I was not able to find a way to change the units. My units are fixed in the WGS84 system and it doesn´t matter how many times I try to change the coordinate system in Options or the Map properties, it never works.

0 Kudos