Since yesterday, I have always run into frequent crashing of ArcGIS Pro when editing a simple feature class (filling in values in a field). I have the up-to-date ArcGIS Pro on desktop (WIN10) with an organization license. The task should have been easy since I have a small dataset. The only "new" actions I had in the past few days were 1) updated to Pro 2.7.26828 following the automatic pop-up; and 2) labeled the annotation on the scene (and removed later).
I have tried all possible suggestions found online, e.g. updating video drivers; disable "spelling checking". The default language is English. I also followed a most recent post by MitchKrupp2 posted on 01-29-2021 to override high DPI scaling behavior: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/problem-editing-annotation-attributes-pro-2-7/m-p.... Some people fount it worked, unfortunately not me.
Are there any new solutions that I can learn? Thanks in advance!
Thank for your reply. I renamed the "Esri" folder to "Esri-old" (in %APPDATA% folder). The first browse seemed working, but problem came back right away. This time I tested to delete a row in the attribute table of shapefile. The first deletion works, but the 2nd crashed.
Further, a few steps to check
1. Does running this tool in the troubled system throws any issue on compatibility of System components for running ArcGIS Pro 2.7.2?
2. Is the issue connected to editing of a particular feature class or all features classes? How is the concerned data stored (Shapefile/File GDB/ Ent. GDB)? Data is stored locally or over a network?
3. Is the issue connected to one Map/Project file of ArcGIS Pro? Does the application crash when you open a new blank project, add the data from data source, and start editing (Close all ArcGIS Pro session before implementing this step).
4. Is the issue connected to one machine/user or other users as well?
5. Did you do a system reboot, and try again?
Thanks, Jayanta_Poddar for your reply. I ran the tool without finding any problem (all green with a congratulation message). The problem seems to be related to common editing:
- This time I tested deleting rows in the attribute table. The first one worked then the 2nd always crashed. Same problem occurs no matter with shapefile or feature class (file GDB). I also tried to create a new project and added data, same problem when editing it. Rebooted my computer several times - no help neither.
ArcGIS Pro is installed in my home desktop (under the university license). I have used ArcGIS Pro since last year - never encountered any problem until yesterday. I have always used the up-to-date version.
No luck - I reinstalled the whole ArcGIS Pro package and reset the ArcGIS profile (in both Roaming and Local folders), but the problem remains. Interestingly it is only the editing problem. I can do other tasks (view data, run geoprocessing models, etc) without any issue. I will report to ESRI Support soon. Thanks for your time.
No I did not. Magically the problem was gone after a couple of weeks I did not use ArcGIS Pro. Maybe self-solved with the updated software? IDK. Sorry to hear it - Isn't it frustrating.
Very frustrating! It's such a basic task. Thank you for the suggestion and update on your problem. My software is up to date, but I'll see what happens and contact support if it continues.