ArcGIS Pro 3.2 - Drawing Alerts - Returning STATE_ID Error when editing Polylines

Jump to solution
11-15-2023 12:31 PM
PeteJordan
Occasional Contributor III

I've upgraded to ArcGIS Pro 3.2 and found when editing a Versioned Geodatabase located within SDE that I'm now getting this error now:

PeteJordan_0-1700079731406.png

Seems researching it, I'm just finding some information that it could be linked to a corruption of the database somehow or at least something with the linking of the table via SDE.

We've run some maintenance scripts as well as I've relinked the entire table as I have noticed that in 3.2 the New Database Connection has  changed it's look a little from 2.9.

I'm notcing this is happening with several different tools, not just one.  Such as creating a new feature, reshapping, etc.  So I'm not thinking it's directly related to Editing of the Versioned Geodatabase on SDE.

Any suggestions that I or the database side GIS guys can look at to try and resolve this issue?

I'm assuming it's from 3.2, but not 100% sure as I haven't worked in this database for a little over 2 weeks, but I did notice it after updating to 3.2 at least...

Thanks

68 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Here is a direct link to the public portion: https://support.esri.com/en-us/bug/database-error-during-feature-draw-target-state-not-fou-bug-00016...

Not sure how to subscribe. If you get your organization attached via a technical support case, you could track this in My Esri.

--- George T.
AndrewAidt2
New Contributor III

George,

Still no update on this? This bug severely limits our production while editing. We constantly need to restart Pro to edit anything.

A restart Pro option while closing would be a great addition instead of Exiting then re-opening Pro.

Thanks.

Andy

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

I would reach out to technical support for an update on this defect. I am not in development so I do not know what the latest is at this point in time.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
PeteJordan

Hey @George_Thompson, so we finally merged our data this week and tested it out on PostgreSQL (up to date) and after testing several things such as copying the old database to PostgreSQL, recreating a new table and appending it to PostgreSQL, I'm still getting this error.

In testing though it seemed to be fine initially before I created templates for the feature class I am actively editing, but that could have just been a coincidence.  I haven't tested it for any great length of time to see if that is for sure part of the problem or not though.

Currently the only solution is what @MartinWong1  suggested and that's enabling editing and having it set to "single workspave edit session", which is what I had to use previously before we merged the data to PostgreSQL this week...

Error code given ArcGIS Pro with the versioned data now in PostgreSQL:

PeteJordan_0-1704980831504.png

Note: Last night before I left work, things were working fine without the Enable Editing checked off.  I left it over night and this morning is where I saw the error.  So it seemed to occur even without me present overnight, if that is a clue or anything?

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

@PeteJordan thanks for the follow up, it seems that you are impacted by the defect above. I would contact support and get attached to the defect after they verify.

I am not sure about the "new" error that you are encountering.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
PeteJordan

Oh there isn't a new error.  I just meant last night I left work and everything seemed ok and the data was showing, this morning the data vanished again and a new error popped up in the error window just saying it's that same STATE_ID=0 and that was it...

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

That is weird... I would contact tech support about this.

--- George T.
PeteJordan

Thanks for that.  Our GIS admin was thinking they might contact ESRI as well, but I figured it's just all related to the same bug that was introduced in 3.2.  It just seems like a caching problem of some sort, but now after discovering the error occuring overnight at some point, makes me wonder if there is just some weird disconect with the SDE server and Pro or something?

0 Kudos
RachelSinclair
New Contributor II

This bug definition does not correctly describe the error that I and many other users of 3.2 are experiencing, which is "When editing in ArcGIS Pro, a drawing alert occurs and the geometry layer disappears off the map, i.e. stop drawing. ArcGIS Pro has to be shut down and reopened to be able to continue to work."

AngelBarnett
New Contributor III

Agreed. BUG-000163841 currently states "While closing ArcGIS Pro, after clicking No to save edits and clicking Cancel to save the project, features no longer draw, and the error message, "Target state not found in the STATES table [STATE_ID]=0" is returned."

This issue happens to me while I'm using ArcGIS Pro, not when closing it.