ArcGIS Pro 3.1 Legend not exporting correctly for raster data

Jump to solution
04-07-2023 07:44 AM
StephenKing3
New Contributor III

Hello,

Since updating to Pro 3.1 I have been experiencing problems exporting my layout to a graphics file and also printing. Specifically, if I have classified raster data in my map, and use the layout legend option 'Only show features visible in the map extent', the legend for the raster data does not export correctly. Variously, it either does not show any of the data classes at all, or it only shows the first class in the legend list, even if there is more than one class visible in the map layout. This does not happen with vector data using symbology with unique values. The same thing also happens printing to a PDF file or paper. The legend prints correctly without the option selected.

I have tried various solutions including a clean install of Pro.  Esri support have not been able to replicate this so it could be something specific to my machine, however, this wasn't an issue before 3.1. Interestingly, using Python to export works fine.

Has anyone had the same issue and found a workaround? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

It looks like you might be running into this bug https://support.esri.com/en-us/bug/all-but-the-first-symbolized-class-is-dropped-in-the-le-bug-00015... which is being investigated. You can subscribe to get updates on when it is fixed. 

Cheers,
Aubri

View solution in original post

14 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

It looks like you might be running into this bug https://support.esri.com/en-us/bug/all-but-the-first-symbolized-class-is-dropped-in-the-le-bug-00015... which is being investigated. You can subscribe to get updates on when it is fixed. 

Cheers,
Aubri
Wayne_Rennick
New Contributor III

This bums me out. I have a few co-workers having this issue. It seems to have just started in the last week or so.
It's not a "Kernel Density" issue like the bug reports. It's any Raster Layer. 
I

0 Kudos
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm sorry! Did you update your software recently? I'm curious why it just started and want to make sure you aren't running into an additional problem or bug. 

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
Wayne_Rennick
New Contributor III

I'm not sure but I think it was using 3.2.1 when this occurred. If I run into it again I'll post some details. 

0 Kudos
StephenKing3
New Contributor III

@AubriKinghorn, thank you that does sound very similar.

0 Kudos
OliverScheidegger
New Contributor II

3.1.2 - i am having the same issue, legend for a raster layer is showing before i export print to pdf, then after export only the legend for raster layer is not showing. All other vector legend items show up. Does not seem to be exactly the same as the reported Bug.

OliverScheidegger
New Contributor II

OliverScheidegger_0-1688535515091.png

Legend before exporting as pdf

0 Kudos
OliverScheidegger
New Contributor II

OliverScheidegger_1-1688535550591.png

Legend after exporting to pdf, ArcGIS Pro why have you dropped of the raster legend item??????

0 Kudos
OliverScheidegger
New Contributor II

Confirmed the issue only occurs when "Only show features visible in the map extent" box is ticked.

When unticked, all legends items including raster layer is visible in exported pdf.

Very annoying! I lost 2 hours of work time on this issue.