Table is not multiversioned error

12-13-2022 08:52 AM
DrewGuardi
New Contributor

I am trying to edit the vertices of line segments in a layer.  After I modify the vertices and try to save the edit I get the following error:  "Modify vertices failed.  The table is not multiversioned."  I've attached a screen shot of the error message.  How do I go about fixing this?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

The only thing I can see in the internals that would cause this is an nonversioned feature class inside of a versioned feature dataset.  Solution is reregister the feature dataset as versioned - this would registered the nonversioned feature class as versioned.  Or remove the feature class from the versioned feature dataset and do the edits outside of the feature dataset.

DrewGuardi
New Contributor

I checked the properties of the geodatabase and it says that the database version is not supported.  I assume this may be the cause of the problem.  However, I'm not sure of the best way to fix it.

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hmmm...that could be the case then.  Here is a link to supported databases and versions.

0 Kudos
JasminePrater
Occasional Contributor II

This solution worked for us.  Thank you!

TychoGranville

This just happened to me. Last week I was editing a (versioned) polygon layer, this week I get that error  and can't edit *anything* in my production (SQL Sever) DB.  Tried different machines, different Projects, different FCs. Haven't tried re-versioning, I'll have to do that off-hours.

The technical help doc is classic -

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/tool-errors-and-warnings/160001-170000/tool-...

Anyone have ideas? I'll contact tech support but based on the document above I'm not real hopeful.

Thanks,

Tycho

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Tycho - another thing to explore is for your *.sde connection in the Catalog Pane, right-click on the file as the SDE user and select Geodatabase Connection Properties and check the Versioning Type.  Is it set for Traditional or Branch?  If Branch, choose Traditional and retry your workflow.

0 Kudos
TychoGranville

It's still set to Traditional. Our testing Enterprise GeoDB - set up the same way - still lets me edit FCs.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

In the off-hours, reregister the Feature Dataset as versioned on your Production eGDB and see if the error persists.

TychoGranville

That did the trick.

Thanks,

Tycho

0 Kudos