Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 doesn't recognize .NET Desktop Runtime when deployed through Software Center

03-02-2023 06:19 AM
TreyAlexander
New Contributor

We are trying to deploy ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 through SCCM as well as the .NET Desktop Runtime prereq. We are able to successfully install the runtime, versions 6.0.13 and 6.0.5. When we then go to try and install ArcGIS Pro through SCCM, the install fails due to it not being able to recognize the runtime.  We have verified successful installation of runtime by running dotnet --info command.

Any ideas what could be the issue? 

6 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Are you installing the runtime in the same install script as Pro?  If so, maybe you cannot do that as the machine needs a reboot to recognize the newly installed runtime.  I think you might need to break them out into separate installs for this to work in SCCM.

0 Kudos
TreyAlexander
New Contributor

Yes, we've tried it both ways:

1. Packaged both separately in Software Center. I can install Runtime 6.0.13 and it shows as installed. Then when I attempt the GIS install it fails.
  2. Installed the Runtime 6.0.13 exe and verified installation in Add/Remove Programs, attempted GIS install and get the specific message that Runtime is not installed.
ElwynWilliams
New Contributor II

have you had any success with Sccm deployment? arcgis installer must not be looking at the right thing to identify dotnet install

0 Kudos
SaraJL
by
Occasional Contributor III

I would be curious if you happen to find a resolution for this!

We were also able unable to deploy it through Software Center - I ended up just doing it manually (we have relatively a small batch of machines that run ArcGIS Pro)

I ran into an issue where I had to update both the Runtime and License Manager in order for it to work. Even after updating Runtime, it was still giving me similar errors - but after I updated (reinstalled on some computers) License Manager than it worked just fine.

Probably not related! But that was how we got it to install - still unable to get it to work in Software Center though. 

Anyway - good luck! If it fixes, I would be curious to know what the resolution was!

0 Kudos
ElwynWilliams
New Contributor II

did you find a answer? I'm also struggling with getting it to recognize the runtime as installed.

0 Kudos
ElwynWilliams
New Contributor II

I'm also struggling with this - I've tried v.6.0.6 and 6.0.16 of the windows runtime. still getting the not installed error 

0 Kudos