ArcGIS Pro 2.9.0: How to have dynamic “display XY data”?

03-31-2022 01:51 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.9.0: How to have dynamic “display XY data”?

For example, in the screenshot below, 20 points are displayed.

Now, if a new record is added to the table with xy coordinates, how to get it plotted automatically?

Clip_344.jpgClip_345.jpg

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Jamal - dynamically I don't think you can do this but with a simple model you can.  I created a model using 2 GP tools - Make XY Event layer and Feature Class to Feature Class.  Below you will see my progression from start to finish.  This model can be run manually or automatically as a python script using Windows Task Scheduler to run every morning at 3 AM.  See my graphics below:

model1A.JPGmodel2A.JPGModel3A.jpgmodel4.JPG

StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

I have had the same question about how to make this a dynamic display of points.

After reading this post https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/intuitive-consistent-wording-for-quot-display-xy/idi-...

Note: The three options above are not to be confused with the "Make XY Event Layer" GP tool, which creates a dynamic event layer, not a feature class.

StanMcShinsky_1-1678993542210.png

I realized that if you run the Make XY Event Layer gp tool then it adds the points tot the map and updates on the fly and not create a new layer but just displays the points. No need to schedule a script to run to update.

0 Kudos