ArcGIS Pro 2.5 bug for displayXY - makes all text fields 5000 characters long!

Jump to solution
05-06-2020 09:32 AM
FionaRenton1
Occasional Contributor II

This bug was logged yesterday. It seems like something that should be tested more thoroughly!

BUG-000130643 - XY Table to Point in ArcGIS Pro 2.5 does not retain the number of length for the text field from the file geodatabase table in the output point feature attribute table.

I broke my usual rule of not installing .0 versions of ESRI software!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FionaRenton1
0 Kudos
14 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I can almost guarantee that if you didn't install 2.5.0 and report the bug, that it would be waiting for you with 2.5.1.

0 Kudos
FionaRenton1

You might be right. I was unaware that a text field could be 5000 characters long.

0 Kudos
BobPool1
New Contributor II

Hey, it looks like 2.5.1 fixed this bug!   

0 Kudos
FionaRenton1

ESRI did not notify me. Is there a list of bugs fixed somewhere?

0 Kudos
BobPool1
New Contributor II

I think I may have misspoke adding to this thread.  It appears that I encountered this bug using the XYTabletoPoint, not displayXY.   When I noticed that 2.5.1 was released and fixed the 'ToolValidator' object has no attribute 'isLicensed' bug I immediately downloaded it and reran my script.  It worked!  I assume both commands were hitting the same bug.

Not only that I can run the script in my IDE instead of just as an ArcGIS tool.  Happy days.

Yes there is a list of bug fixes:

Release notes for ArcGIS Pro 2.5—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Fiona - in reviewing the internals I see that the bug listed in not yet fixed in AGP 2.5.1 nor is it listed in our AGP 2.5.x Release Notes  I did a search for XY in the Release Notes and found 1 occurrence for a somewhat related BUG in the sense it had to do with the XY Table to Point.  Those details are "BUG-000128741 - The XY Table to Point tool fails when the input table has fields with special characters in the names, such as Lat (degree symbol) and Long (degree symbol)."  

I don't have the 2.6 AGP Help doc yet as it's not yet released.

0 Kudos
FionaRenton1

Ok thanks. I could not find it and they seems to have closed the Bug so I will reopen the ticket and see what is going on.

FionaRenton1

The bug is still open and the development team are discussing it. 

0 Kudos
FionaRenton1

They have closed the bug and declared it is OK for this to happen.  

0 Kudos