This issue happens on a Basic licensed ArcGIS Pro 2.2.1 (also in previous Pro versions) and when working with simple tasks like modifying feature classes (FC) records using the Attribute table that contain domains or subtypes. The bug also effects all geoprocessing tools in ArcGIS Pro. The effect of this bugs is that ArcGIS Pro is not usable and we had to stop using ArcGIS Pro because simple tasks take 400% longer than normal for ArcGIS Pro.
No change if Project is located on an SSD or network storage. The bug is consistent when moving to a new machines and/or users account.
The project file geodatabase consists of 24 fc and multiple subtypes and domains. But removing subtypes or domains dose not restore normal performance. Compact the FGDB does not resolve this problem.
Working workarounds (but not acceptable):
1) Instant fix when changing to Standard/Advanced Concurrent Use license in ArcGIS Pro 2.2.1
2) Delete number of records in FC to below 100
Issues addressed at ArcGIS Pro 2.2.0 that looks similar:
BUG-000111489: A feature class with hundreds of Domains and Subtypes has low performance with other tools.
ArcGIS Pro version: 2.2.1
License Manager Version: 2018.0
Systems spec.: CPU and GPU way above ArcGIS Pro recommended specifications
I find it hard to believe that license type would have impact on the performance of a tool. The license level will check if a functionality is available at that license level or not. How did you test that the performance of using a higher license level of better than using the Basic license?
Best to contact Esri Support and work through your specific situation and you can also try and use PerfTools (Build 100) for ArcGIS Pro 2.x is now available for download .
Dan: The basic and standard Concurrent Use license is managed from the same Windows server running ESRI License Manager Version: 2018.0.
Xander: The performance difference is a deal breaker, the user refuse to wait 8 seconds to simply add the next value in the Attribute table as shown in this example:
Basic license: The wait time before the user can modify the record with OBJECTID=186 is 8 seconds, after his first change to record with OBJECTID=192.
Standard license: Wait time = 2 seconds
The PerfTools is new to me, thanks for sharing!
It is still not clear to me how you tested the difference in time. Did you use the same computer, same dataset, same user, assigning a different license level to the user or did you log in with a different user or perhaps did you test on another computer?
Did you contact Esri Support? (I strongly recommend you to do so). 8 seconds vs 2 seconds is a considerable difference.
Sorry for my short answers Xander, we have tested this bug for 1½ month and I am loosing my mind.
Yes, we used the same computer, same dataset, same user, assigning a different license level and the performance is like day and night!?!
We have also tested all the scenarios we could think of like other users, computers, building new databases, patching ArcGIS Pro etc.
Yes, I am now working with our national Esri Support.
Update after ArcGIS Pro v2.2.2 is released:
The wait time before the user can modify the records or simply open the Attribute table is unchanged using a basic license in v2.2.2. This bug is not related to a specific geodatabase design. Every aspect of ArcGIS Pro is slower on a basic license compared to a standard license (Concurrent Use license server).
I need more time to verify if this bug is OS related (win7) or what. But editing data in a FC using a basic license is painful slow.
The only fix is to change the user to a standard license, and ArcGIS Pro 2.2.2 runs as expected.
We are working with technical support on this issue.
Update after ArcGIS Pro 2.3 released:
All in all ArcGIS Pro is evolving into a stable and productive application for us.