ArcGIS.Desktop.Core.Geoprocessing.GPItem

Jump to solution
01-04-2022 01:40 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I am getting an error in ArcPRO when I try to add excel spreadsheet to ArcPRO I get this error 'exception of  type 'ArcGIS.Desktop.Core.Geoprocessing.GPItemException' was thrown'.  ArcPRO version 2.9.  I just updated to 2.9, but my coworker isn't having these issues.  Does anyone know how to fix this error?  I am able to add .csv files @KailaBaumBach 

Error.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

You'll need to download and install the Microsoft Access Database Engine drive - specifically the 2016 Excel driver as it's needed in order for Excel files to work in ArcGIS Pro.  Work with Microsoft Excel files in ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

View solution in original post

10 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Does Excel To Table (Conversion)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

fail as well?

... sort of retired...
Andra
by
New Contributor II

Your solution worked for me! Thank you.

0 Kudos
secplanrenca
New Contributor

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

You'll need to download and install the Microsoft Access Database Engine drive - specifically the 2016 Excel driver as it's needed in order for Excel files to work in ArcGIS Pro.  Work with Microsoft Excel files in ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you.  That worked.

0 Kudos
Graham
by
New Contributor

Thanks!

I followed the steps and still got the same error at first. I had to mess with the worksheets to get them to load. it finally seemed to work when i got rid of any merged cells in the sheet i wanted to load. maybe that did it?

CharlottePeters95540
New Contributor III

Installing the driver worked for me too after getting the error with AGP v2.9.

0 Kudos
RonnieRichards
Occasional Contributor III

This can also be caused if the Excel workbook is encrypted with a password. The same error with be thrown if the xlsx has a password. The password must be removed from the workbook to be compliant with Desktop or Arcpy in AGP v3.0.

RonnieRichards_0-1657055252138.png

0 Kudos
AkashKhokhariya09
New Contributor

This solution did not worked for me!, do you think there would be any other problem. I'm getting same error after installing database driver 2016.