Select to view content in your preferred language

Applying multiple styles in a vector tile package

12-18-2023 02:09 AM
Younghoon_Park
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a way to apply multiple styles to a vector tile package (vtpk) in ArcGIS Pro, either while creating the file, or after the file is created. The objective is to make a function that the clients/users switch the symbology or style (possibly with a toggling option), and use it in the offline settings in different applications (also in ArcGIS Pro).

But from what I know, only one style can be applied to one vtpk file. I believe the only solution to this is to bring several vtpk files into a web map or whatever the platform is. But the problem is, I can only publish one hosted vtpk file for internal reasons at the company (probably the credit issues). I tried Vector Tile Style Editor and Arcade Expression, but they don't seem like the right way to do it.

Thanks for the help in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Younghoon_Park
New Contributor

Solved this problem by building a native application with ArcGIS Map SDK for .NET MAUI. I took the page below as a main reference:

https://developers.arcgis.com/net/maui/sample-code/add-vector-tiled-layer-from-custom-style/

0 Kudos
bbaker_tngeo
Occasional Contributor

It looks like you solved your issue but I've been working on a project with similar needs. I found this article that provides instruction for saving a separate style in ArcGIS Enterprise: https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/use/update-vector-tile-style.htm

Or, you can "Save as" a different style in the Vector Tile Style Editor if you are using ArcGIS Online.

To create different styles, update the json style file (or replace the json in the Editor). The benefit of creating different styles from the same underlying vector tile package is that initial publishing and subsequent updates using Replace Web Layer only have to be done once and any of the Tile Layers referencing the original service automatically reflect the updates.

0 Kudos