ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2 - How to apply colormap file .clr to feature class symbology?

Jump to solution
12-14-2022 09:48 AM
VincentLaunstorfer
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I have a single band raster with a color classification I exported to colormap .clr file. Now the .clr file is simple a test file with gridcode and RGB values...

As I converted my single band raster to polygons, I would like to apply the same color classification using the colormap .clr file. How is it possible?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Luke_Pinner
MVP Regular Contributor

Convert your .clr to a .csv with gridcode and rgb fields.  You'll need to do some processing (e.g. in Excel or as a field calculation after you join) to get the separate R G B values into a single text value "rgb(r, g, b)" then join the csv to your feature class and use Attribute-driven color symbology. 

How To: Apply Hex or RGB color codes from an attribute field as a feature symbology in ArcGIS Pro

Attribute-driven color in symbology

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Luke_Pinner
MVP Regular Contributor

Convert your .clr to a .csv with gridcode and rgb fields.  You'll need to do some processing (e.g. in Excel or as a field calculation after you join) to get the separate R G B values into a single text value "rgb(r, g, b)" then join the csv to your feature class and use Attribute-driven color symbology. 

How To: Apply Hex or RGB color codes from an attribute field as a feature symbology in ArcGIS Pro

Attribute-driven color in symbology

0 Kudos
VincentLaunstorfer
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks. It eventually worked. The workflow is rather cumbersome and in addition to the resources mentioned above, follow the Attribute-driven instructions closely:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/mapping/layer-properties/attribute-driven-symbology.ht...

0 Kudos
RussellGibson_ns
New Contributor

Hi, Vincent.

How did you export to a .clr in ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos