Adding notebook crashing ArcGIS

Jump to solution
04-08-2021 05:57 PM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey, so I'm running into a problem that I cannot find much info on at the moment.

I am trying to add/open notebooks on ArcGIS Pro, and it keeps crashing ArcGIS Pro, claiming there is an application error.

I am using ArcGIS Pro v2.7.2.  ArcPy environment is 3.6 (although python 3.9 is also installed on my PC for some reason).  Anaconda says "Anaconda3"?  Not sure how to find exact Anaconda version.  

Anybody know what to do?  I am considering uninstalling/re-installing everything, but my time is short.  

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Esri/arcgis-python-api: Documentation and samples for ArcGIS API for Python (github.com)

If it associated with the api and deep learning and kin, the above may be a place to file an Issue or too look through current open and past closed issues to look for a similar case to yours

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had to take care of other business, but now I am back to this project.  I am still being stonewalled at this step.  I cannot get "data.show_batch()" to do anything.  I have tried giving it parameters like "(rows=3)" and still nothing.  This is essentially a new PC, new installs, same problem.

This is in the notebook IN ArcGIS Pro, and everything appears to be working up to this step.  It is supposed to display to me samples of the image chips, but nothing.  I really need to figure this out.  

Here is an example project that shows what to expect: https://developers.arcgis.com/python/guide/feature-categorization/

EDIT: After spending some time on it, and running a test (https://developers.arcgis.com/python/guide/install-and-set-up/), it seems like I have installation errors with python packages.  Just great.  

All of the Deep Learning packages are fine, that's not the issue.  The issue seems to be that there are like 60+ packages that say they require an update.  I created a cloned environment and everything.  ArcGIS Pro refused to update the packages inside of options, did nothing like usual. 

I did the update through the Python Command Prompt, which had two outcomes: nothing changed in the options where it still claimed those updates were available; and worst of all, the update itself in the python console required me to accept a few downgrades, which included one for the Jupyter notebook network.  This led to ArcGIS Pro claiming it cannot connect to notebook servers, closing the notebooks.  

So I assume this is where the problems are coming from.  I just need to update these packages, despite AGP refusing to do it for no discernable reason.  

0 Kudos