Add New Symbols

Jump to solution
02-02-2021 01:40 PM
Calva_Mapper
New Contributor II

Does anyone know how to download new symbols into ArcGIS Pro? I'm working on a project and want to add a butterfly as a symbol and there are currently no symbols in ArcGIS Pro of that. Also, can an image be added as a symbol?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

there's a load of 'styles' available Gallery (arcgis.com) but I couldn't immediately see any butterfly or insect ones.

Also pictures can be used as a symbol Create or modify symbol images—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

View solution in original post

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

To add to Jayanta's message about Importing an image as a style in ArcGIS Pro, you could download these free *.png files of butterflys to make your own butterfly.stylx file and use that in your ArcGIS Pro maps.
Butterfly_Symbol.JPG

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You could check the steps in How to: Import an image as a style in ArcGIS Pro

Think Location
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

there's a load of 'styles' available Gallery (arcgis.com) but I couldn't immediately see any butterfly or insect ones.

Also pictures can be used as a symbol Create or modify symbol images—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

To add to Jayanta's message about Importing an image as a style in ArcGIS Pro, you could download these free *.png files of butterflys to make your own butterfly.stylx file and use that in your ArcGIS Pro maps.
Butterfly_Symbol.JPG

Calva_Mapper
New Contributor II

@JayantaPoddar @Robert_LeClair @DavidPike 

Thank you for the information, very helpful. 

0 Kudos