Add join warning

01-04-2022 10:28 AM
Moki
by
New Contributor

Hello, I am trying to import data from excel and dBASE files into an ArcGIS Pro geodatabase and then join them with feature layers. I managed to accomplish this for my one layer, however, when I do this for each of the other two layers I receive a warning 000990 saying that the table is already joined. There were no previous joins made to the layer and the tables have different names containing different data. Any idea how I can fix this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

rather than working with excel or dbase files directly (because they impose limitations), convert them to gdb tables first, then see if the warnings persist

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Moki
by
New Contributor

Thanks for the response. I did convert them to gdb files first. The warnings persist.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Add Join (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

different things happen if you are using existing layers in your map for the join or whether you are navigating on disk to locate data for the join.  You will have to read up to see if any are causing the warning... it is a warning, not an error I take it.

Also, give your data a once-over with Validate Join (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation to confirm inputs have no issues.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos