Add Data Dialog Forget Resize

Jump to solution
03-22-2022 03:28 PM
Labels (3)
CheyneHadley
New Contributor III

The ArcGIS Pro 2.9.2 update broke the 'remember resize' Add Data/Select Folder/Save As Dialog window.  Like a lot of people, I have a lot of data to deal with and it was so much nicer when I could have a data select dialog window large enough to see more than eight (8) items in a given folder without have to adjust the size every time.

CheyneHadley_0-1647987516659.png

On the same note, it would also be nice if the Layer Properties window could remember user resize and position adjustments.

CheyneHadley_1-1647987755025.png

@KoryKramer 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Update @CheyneHadley It looks like we'll try to get this regression fixed in Patch 3 (2.9.3) which is currently planned to be available by late April. I apologize for the inconvenience but hopefully we'll get this addressed soon. Thank you.

EDIT: 2.9 Patch 3 (2.9.3) is expected to be available May 3rd.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thanks for the note @CheyneHadley Unfortunately I do see the change you're talking about. I will check with the team to see if we can track down what happened. The good news is that I see the dialog boxes that you mention (Add Data, Save As, browse to folder) maintaining their sizes in a daily build of Pro 3.0. I'll see if there is any way to address this regression in an upcoming patch - there may not be, but we'll see. 

As for the larger request of remembering the size and location of other properties dialogs like you mention, please add your support for this idea  Remember last positioned window locations and size... - Esri Community  

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Update @CheyneHadley It looks like we'll try to get this regression fixed in Patch 3 (2.9.3) which is currently planned to be available by late April. I apologize for the inconvenience but hopefully we'll get this addressed soon. Thank you.

EDIT: 2.9 Patch 3 (2.9.3) is expected to be available May 3rd.

CheyneHadley
New Contributor III

Thank you so much for looking into this @KoryKramer !