Select to view content in your preferred language

2.9.5 patch crashing when accessing OLE DB tables

10-25-2022 04:46 AM
arahman_mdmajid
Occasional Contributor

The process was working fine where we were useing MS Access DB (.accdb) by adding a OLE DB connection and then exporting the table to point features.onto the Map.

However, after applying the new patch 2.9.5, the process is causing ArcGIS Pro to crash. we are able to add the OLE DB connection and able to see the table in catalog pane, however when we are trying to drag and drop the table into the contents or trying to export it, the application is crashing.

Kindly look into the issue and let me know if you need further information to recreate the issue.

Abdur Rahman
GIS Developer
21 Replies
JoyDRoberts
New Contributor III

Unknown, but here's what I experienced after going to 3.0.2 for a few hours: 
Copying feature classes (FCs) from Oracle database 1 to Oracle database 2 yielded added fields on my FCs due to domains being set on fields. Since I don't like my data adulterated, and don't have time to undo screwy changes like that (nor do I have time to teach all my users to watch for it and correct it!), I gave up and went back down to 2.8.8.

DarinaTchountcheva
Occasional Contributor II

Hello everyone,

The bug is fixed. I have not tested it yet, but this is what I received from ESRI:

*********************************************************************************

Updates have been made to the following defect which you are associated with:
BUG-000153421 - Adding a Microsoft Access database table to a map from an OLEDB connection in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.5 or 2.9.6 causes the program to crash.

Version Fixed: 2.9.7
Additional Information: This issue is addressed in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.7.

**************************************************************************************

Darina